British Columbia Casinos & Gambling
Stunning nature, the mountain ranges’ indescribable splendor, and the province’s favorable location are far from all the advantages of British Columbia. Today you can easily enjoy an impressive amount of gambling entertainment in land-based gambling houses and offshore online casinos.
Believe it or not, too many available gaming platforms are not always an advantage. The fact is that choosing a reliable virtual casino can turn into real torture. If you want to save yourself time and nerves, we recommend that you pay attention to the best gambling providers, which our experts have selected especially for you:
Top 10 Online Casinos in British Columbia
How We Review the Best Manitoba Casinos
Today, we can proudly say that our experts have accumulated over ten years of experience in analyzing and selecting the best gambling houses. We know all gambling operators’ tricks, so we have developed our rating system. Our experts are ready to share with you a few fundamental indicators to which you should pay attention if you want to create a gaming account on a reliable gambling site.
Here are a few options to keep in mind:
- ✅ List of payment instruments. The tab with a list of payment instruments is the first place to go before creating a new account. Here you can check which payment solutions are available for depositing your account or cashing out winnings on a virtual casino site. Ensure an operator has one or more payment methods that are right for you. As a result, you will avoid the difficulties associated with financial transactions regarding replenishing a game balance or withdrawing a significant amount of winnings.
- ✅ Promotions. Bonus rewards should not be viewed solely in terms of their size. Therefore, we check all premiums in detail and select only gifts for you that can be called worthwhile ones. For this reason, all casino British Columbia sites listed in our rating are generous virtual casinos that can provide you with real starting benefits or a large reload reward.
- ✅ Variety of gaming portfolio. We believe that an extensive gaming portfolio indicates that you are dealing with a reliable gaming service. The collection of the hottest casino machines speaks for itself. This means that a provider cooperates with the best software development studios and offers globally popular one-armed bandits. In addition, if you want to switch from casino machines to table games, you will not be disappointed, especially with a virtual casino with 2000+ online games.
- ✅ Bonuses for loyal users. We all understand that a registration gift can only be used once. Therefore, we check whether a loyalty program benefits an end user who has already registered. Some of the operators we have listed above allow you to accumulate player points and move to the VIP rank to receive exclusive rewards or premium service.
- ✅ Professional support. You will never find gaming services with poor customer service on our list. Our specialists anonymously test all communication channels and check how quickly the company’s specialists respond to user requests. A 24/7 support service that works 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, will come in handy if you encounter even minimal difficulties.
History of Gambling in British Columbia
Nothing reveals the overall picture of gambling, like the history of the development of this segment in British Columbia. Perhaps it is worth starting from 1969 when the Canadian government amended the Criminal Code of Canada. Starting from this period, gambling entertainment, namely lottery draws, became legal in Canada. However, gambling has significantly boosted development in the province since 1974.
The adopted amendments regulated and controlled the gambling sector until 1985. The local government organized the British Columbia Lottery Corp (BCLC) in the same year. This made it possible to develop and expand the list of gambling entertainment for the local population. A year later, British Columbians got access to a unique lottery designed in the shape of pull tabs.
Since the 90s, the gambling entertainment sector has improved with slot machines. It was a real breakthrough in the development of the entire industry. Since 1995 visitors and residents of British Columbia have had the opportunity to try their luck at keno. Two years later, the list of gambling entertainment was reinforced with one-armed bandits.
Casino machines have brought the gambling sector to a new level. Now gambling fans have a chance to try their luck on online games. Since 2010, users have been able to access the online version of a table game called Poker.
British Columbia Gambling Laws
If you are no longer new to gambling in Canada, you probably know that the gambling sector is regulated at various levels. For example, the government of British Columbia controls and manages gambling throughout the province.
On the other hand, the Criminal Code of Canada is used to regulate the gambling market. Let’s not go into the details of specific by-laws and move on to the most important nuances to keep in mind:
Gambling entertainment is legal in British Columbia for users over 19. In addition, physical presence in the province is a prerequisite for you to try your luck at gambling.
Offshore casinos are legitimate gambling entertainment providers. For our part, we recommend paying attention only to providers with valid licenses in a respected jurisdiction. Otherwise, you may encounter difficulties trying to prove your case in a controversial situation.
British Columbia gambling laws prohibit offshore casinos from promoting services in Canada. However, this does not mean that virtual platforms do not have the right to offer their services legally. Therefore, no one limits you in choosing popular gambling brands at any convenient time.
In case of any disputable situation, the primary responsibility lies with the operators of gambling services. As a rule, users are recognized as the guilty party in sporadic cases. Usually, gambling houses are the only ones subject to fines and penalties from the regulator.
Is Gambling Legal in British Columbia?
To shorten the story – “Yes,” they are. Perhaps virtual casinos look like a gray zone, but this is far from the truth. The ban on the online advertising of offshore casinos has nothing to do with the legality of providing gambling services from international brands.
The bottom line is that this limitation has nothing to do with an end user. Simply put, you can create a new account on a virtual casino site, spin the reels of the casino machines and receive legitimate winnings 24/7.
Do not be surprised if some sites refuse to register you. This is most likely due to geographic restrictions for residents from Canada. It will be easier if you pay attention to the operators we indicated in this review’s beginning. Each of the listed providers is geared toward Canadian gamblers.
British Columbia Interesting Facts
Now let’s run through some interesting facts about British Columbia:
- British Columbia is the third largest province in Canada
- The area became part of Canada in 1871
- The territory of the region is so huge that it contains seven national parks in Canada
- Over 50% of all Canadian wine is produced in British Columbia
- The area is home to several top-ranked universities in Canada
British Columbia Casino Bonuses
Wonder if Canada’s virtual casinos are a good choice? Of course, they are! What’s more, you can enjoy impressive bonus rewards allowing users to build up their bankroll and have fun at the casino’s expense.
Here are a few significant premiums you can look forward to:
- Refer a Friend Bonus
- No deposit
- Free spins
- Welcome bonus
- VIP Bonuses
- Reload bonuses
- First deposit
Casino Games Variety
Offshore casino game libraries boast hundreds of the hottest one-armed bandits for every taste and budget. As a rule, the minimum deposits start from $20. Next, you can try your luck on the:
- Video Poker
Gambling entertainment on mobile devices is quite common among online casino providers. You can get instant access to hundreds of games at any convenient time using a mobile application or a mobile site version. A stable Internet connection is the main condition for having fun at virtual casino sites.
Today, you can enjoy online games on most mobile phones and tablets. The good news is that providers have optimized their mobile gaming portfolio so that even outdated smartphone models are not a barrier to gambling entertainment. Whether you use Android or iOS devices (including iPhone and iPad), you will not be disappointed with the incredible processing speed and smooth gameplay.
Best Land-Based Casinos in Manitoba
British Columbia is a gambler’s paradise. Here you will find an impressive number of premium gambling houses, especially in Vancouver. Below you can find a list of luxury land-based casinos that our experts have selected especially for you:
Parque Vancouver. This is the central casino in Vancouver and the top location for premium casinos. If you decide to visit the gambling house, you can enjoy over 70 table games, 600 casino machines, and a one-of-a-kind poker room.
Hard Rock Casino Vancouver. This gambling house is in no way inferior to the most luxurious casinos in Las Vegas. An impressive entertainment program, thoughtful infrastructure, and 24/7 access, all in one package called Hard Rock Casino Vancouver. Here you can try your luck against over 900 one-armed bandits, dozens of the most popular table games, and even visit one of the best poker rooms in Canada.
River Rock Casino Resort. The gambling provider is one of the favorite places for locals and visitors in British Columbia. The land-based casino is open 24/7 and offers 1,000 casino machines and countless table entertainment to try your luck. This place is great for high rollers used to upping their stakes. Here you can enjoy VIP rooms where players can increase the limit almost indefinitely.
British Columbia boasts a wide variety of gambling entertainment available in land-based and virtual casinos. Please note that you can register at almost any offshore casino even though advertising of online casino services is prohibited. On the other hand, the British Columbia gambling market can offer an incredible array of bonus programs, the hottest casino machines, and premium service.
Yes, you can try your luck at gambling entertainment legally.
Once you turn 19, you can try your luck at any online entertainment or visit a land-based casino.
Canadian regulators do not levy taxes on users, regardless of the size of the winnings.